Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Database Project

This project through me for a loop! I had never used access before so as I was watching the lectures this week it was all new to me. Needless to say, I learned a lot! I thought excel was useful, but boy oh boy I can really get some use out of access. I love all the organization it provides the user. I can imagine how useful the tables, reports and forms are for businesses and now that I know how to use access I hope it will help me out one day when I open my own small business. My favorite aspect was probably the report because it lays all of the information out for you in a neat, organized, and easy to read format. I also liked that you could sort your fields so you could read them more easily.

I think my database would have been more functional if I could have figured out how to group my cities together so that way the cities wouldnt have been listed multiple times. I had a difficult time getting them to group together even though I did step by step everything that the lectures said to do. It just didnt work as planned. But overall I thought that the database was pretty functional and would be useful to a gym owner who needs to know this information about his/her members.

No comments:

Post a Comment